Interested in a career in the transport industry or logistics?
The Dynes Accelerator Programme is for those over 25, who are interested in getting involved in the transport industry. You might be wanting to switch careers and not have the industry experience. The Dynes Academy is practical-based learning, not classroom-based. If you’re looking to gain skills in the transport industry and have a can-do attitude, this could be for you.
Before you apply for the Dynes Accelerator Academy:
When you join the Dynes Accelerator Academy you become part of the Dynes whānau. We will mentor you through the process, and with the right aptitude, cadets can complete the Accelerator programme within approx. 18 months.
What you will gain:
We aim to produce quality drivers, to the highest possible calibre. This course is practical, hands-on learning, not in the classroom. With the right attitude, you will gain:
- Your licences in a time frame that is appropriate to you. We offer First Aid Courses, OSH Forklift, F endorsement, wheels, tracks and roller endorsements, licencing up to Class 5
- An ability to assess and identify risks and hazards, as required by the industry and apply safe work practices.
- The ability to manage yourself as a professional, independent driver; specifically, being able to manage driving performance, work time and personal presentation.
- The ability to communicate effectively as part of a team.
- The skills to produce legible and accurate documentation in accordance with the legal and organisational requirements of the transport sector.
- The practical knowledge and skills needed to handle, load and unload goods appropriately and safely.
- Knowledge and ability to safely drive and operate a forklift and safely operate a rigid or B-train Unit.
- The ability to show flexibility in their approach to tasks and problems.
- Knowledge of every operation and aspect of the Dynes company.
- Gained life skills and personal growth from regular workshops and mentoring.